The SkyMail+Plus is our new Cloud-based email and applications computing platform hosted at Microsoft. SkyMail+ provides users with 10GB email account, Microsoft Office 365 Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and OneNote), 25GB online storage solution, collaboration, blogging, photo sharing, event planning, instant messaging tools, and much more. Beginning this semester, all students’ email accounts have been migrated to SUSLA SkyMail. In addition, we’ve created alternate SkyMail accounts for employees to complement their primary Exchange Email on campus. Together, both systems will ensure constant communications and business continuity in the event of prolonged outages. Below is summary of features available using SkyMail +Plus:
SkyMail Live ID:
For students, the initial password is date of birth in the format of day, month, year (ddmmyy); for example if your date of birth is April 29, 1990 your initial password will be 290490.
- For Faculty and Staff, the initial password is employee initials and “2012”; for example if employee name is John Doe, the initial password will be jd2012. The system will prompt you to change the password on the first login attempt.
- SkyMail email accounts are based on Microsoft Outlook Live professional email services
- The account provides users with 10GB inbox and up to 20MB attachments per email
- Supports popular web browsers; i.e. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome
- Features many capabilities such as address book, calendaring, mobile push e-mail, instant messaging, etc.
- SkyMail+ offers variety of useful Office web applications
- Edit or create new documents online using Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote). No need to purchase and install expensive software
- Windows Live Instant Messenger (IM) let users chat online, collaborate and share documents, place video calls, play games online, and much more
- Windows Live Photo Gallery makes it easy to organize photos, edit them so they look their best, and share them online
- SkyDrive provides users with a password protected 25GB online storage
- Access your documents anywhere via the Internet
- Store and share documents, photos, and video online
- Drag and drop documents from your PC into SkyDrive
- Synchronize and backup your PC and iPads into the Cloud
- SkyLink connects users to campus resources, applications, and popular sites on the Internet
- Access SUSLA home page, Banner, Moodle, etc. with a single click
- Connect to SUSLA social pages on FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+
- Access popular sites and services on the Internet such as MSN and Yahoo
Go ahead and log into SkyMail+ on the website and tell us what you think. You can email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign in to SKYmail